Sunday, 7 March 2010

Life is a funny old thing especially for one that suffers from the touch of depression.

One day you're down the next you're up.

Well I've bemoaned about my darker days so time for an upswing.

I had a good day today.

I've started taking Salsa beginners classes at the same place as the (a little beyond my current skill level) Bachatta classes. And let me tell you, they are a real hoot!

Tiring

but lots of fun!

Plus I learnt something!

it just goes to show that when people say that exercise helps lifts your mood, that they may well be onto something! Plus I have a feeling of doing something positive and (more importantly) getting a sense of achievement.

Who knows, I may even return to the improvers class in a few months but I think I'll happily stick with the beginners level - until I can do the moves without having to consciously think about every step as I do them!

The point is I'm just doing it. I think way too much at times.

Thinking is what I do but sometimes it gets in the way of actually doing things. This can lead to me not actually achieving much at all in life, but with this class I've just gone for it! And sure the criticism in the Bachatta class bit hard but I've built a bridge and got over it (as my friend Kathy would say). I was struggling because it's aimed at people who knew the basics! Keeping that in mind I feel very proud I coped as well as I did!

So my 'cure' for the blues?

Is to dance to them! lol

Well Salsa anyways :-)

1 comment:

  1. I've always found that dancing helps alot!Especially when you KNOW there's no one around and you can really let loose!

    I hope you keep on dancing to keep the blues away!

    Blessed be!

    ReplyDelete