Of course now I'm thinking about bunnies sitting on a chair with shades on, cigarette in it's mouth playing a guitar about how it's carrot crop was dug up by it's dog...
It's been an interesting week in a Chinese proverb sort of way.
I posted on the 23rd about palpitations the previous night. Alas that was not the end of it as I had them again on the 24th, this time in the day. The good news is that the 'as and when' heart pill actually worked and they went away after 45 mins or so. They weren't as bad the the 23rd but bad enough that I noticed them at work.
Then I had some more the morning of the 25th. They were about as strong as the 23rd, if not a little stronger. I took my pill and got ready to go to hospital if it didn't work. Thankfully it did as I really don't want to spend the next day or 2 in hospital.
I saw my doctor the following day and put it too him that it's almost unheard of me to have this many attacks in a row and that they coincide with starting a new batch of the anti-anxiety pills on Thursday (whose side effects are very fast acting as I've previously posted). He didn't seem that concerned. I guess it's hard for them to actually do anything as I was fine Monday and without any medical evidence all they can do is record it.
Of course this doesn't help my stress levels...
I've played the wait and see game before and know where it eventually leads - a third operation. Hopefully as the pills are working for now it won't come to that but I admit it, I'm scared.
I know it's not life threatening and all that, but lying there feeling your heart race in a very irregular pattern isn't good - it's my HEART from goodness sake! You can lose most other organs but the heart is up there just behind your brain on the essential list!
Plus is makes me worry about becoming isolated again as I'm not at my best when I have an attack and for a couple of days afterwards so driving may become an issue again. Now I'm not going to worry about that now too much but I can't help worrying a little as friends are not close...
To round things off again I had palpitations when I awoke on the 30/04. Pills worked thankfully.
Episode 188 Interview with Awyn Dawn
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment