Sunday, 22 May 2011

Close encounter of the divine kind

Last night I had the pleasure of attending an Egyptian gathering. The central theme was the unification of opposing forces into a new energy. The story of Set and Horus was the main imagery but many deities of the Egyptian pantheon were used.

The ritual was intense and used many techniques to achieve its goals. However it had an unexpected side effect.

I channeled Set.

Being a priest of Isis this may seem to be a really bad thing but I've been drawn to Him before and had resolved such issues already, however I'd not experienced such direct contact with Him.

I would not go as far as to say I was ridden as I had fully control of my actions and was aware that I could break contact at any time. This was more like a sharing of senses - I could see through His eyes and He, mine.

Thoughts came to me about what role He plays in the vast panteon - bringer of strength and fury, He stands at the prow of the sun boat to fight off the great serpent who would consume the sun. He brings the heat of the desert to bear on enemies. He is a dangerous force to wield as He is a primal force.

Details are fading as I type but experiences are never lost, just forgotten to the waking mind.

It was v fortunate that we ate afterwards as the experience left me drained and v spacey for about half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment